cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedoge1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Microsoft Server 2019 cals

Does Qlik require a Microsoft Server 2019 user cal for every computer that needs to connect to the database?

Thanks

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Sooraj_Suresh
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @thedoge1 

Could you elaborate your query with more details?

Regards

Sooraj Suresh

thedoge1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am attempting to determine if each computer on the network that that accesses data from the Qlik server via a web page interface requires a cal or if the computers that either writes data to or receives data from the Qlik server requires a cal.

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

Thanks for the explanation. As you are referring to CAL, I will assume your query if about QlikView. 

First the CAL allocation is per user and not per computer. And yes , any user who needs to open a QlikView Application from the AccessPoint (QlikView Web Interface) will need to have some sort of license access.

There are multiple Access type depending on your cases:

• User-based licenses
    • Professional and Analyzer
    • CALs
  • Capacity-based
    • Analyzer Capacity
    • CALs

You can find some more details on this page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

If you need additional advise on which type of license to purchase I would strongly recommend to reach out to your account manager and describe your use case scenario. 

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
thedoge1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply but I am referring to Microsoft Server 2019 CALS not Qlik Cals

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

Thank you for the feedback.

Unless I am missing something here, Microsoft CAL are meant to provide access to server application and/or remote server access so I do not see how this could be required when using Qlik Sense or QlikView. 

The QlikView and Qlik Sense platform are web interface based application which means that your users will be able to access the Qlik platforms from their own machine from any supported Internet Browser such as IE, Chrome, Edge,...

Hope this clarifies thing but if it doesn't please provide us with a detailed scenario explaining why you believe Microsoft CALs maybe required here.

Thank you in advance

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.