Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need help stopping the QlikSense repository database service as first step of 3.0 to June 2017 upgrade

Hi all,

I am running QlikSense server  V3 - one central node installation. I need to stop the QlikSense repository database service as the first step  to upgrade to June 2017 version (it is not a straightforward upgrade). Within the 'edit node' screen in the QMC, the service activation tick boxes are greyed and I cannot deselect the QlikSense repository database service - my mouse icon turns into a little red circle with a red line through it. I thought permissions might be the problem so I have tried to change my permission to include deployment permission but the system says I cant change my own permissions (even though I am root admin?)

Question(1) is this a permission problem? If so, do I just need to get the person that installed QlikSense originally to make me a deployment admin as well as a root and content admin?

Question(2) am I trying to stop the QlikSense repository database service from the wrong place?QMC-EDIT NODE SCREEN.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Louise,

I wouldn't recommend stopping the repository via the QMC. Stop ALL QlikSense services (including the RepositoryDatabase) via the server it lives on and upgrade there. Then when complete, reboot the server and all your services should start back up automatically.

Also, don't forget to backup the C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense and C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense locations after you stop the processes and before the upgrade.

Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies
image242
Creator
Creator

Hi Louise,

I wouldn't recommend stopping the repository via the QMC. Stop ALL QlikSense services (including the RepositoryDatabase) via the server it lives on and upgrade there. Then when complete, reboot the server and all your services should start back up automatically.

Also, don't forget to backup the C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense and C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense locations after you stop the processes and before the upgrade.

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Louise - You can try to login to the QMC using the service account you are using to run the Qlik services under (Granted you have access to this account).  That account should have all the access it needs.

As Jason mentioned in his reply, you should stop the QS services from the 'Services' utility within the Windows Server.

Pranav

betthisisnttake
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks everybody - very helpful