Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Not defined in load balancing rule, where does apps in work stream open?

We are in clustered environment. All published apps are loadbalanced to dedicated node. But today when I opened an app in Work Stream (private app), I don't find it in the nodes used to serve hub.
Do you know where to find a clue?

Best regards,
Susan

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Serkan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, would you like to share your load balancing rule? We can have a look to help you.

Regards

Ser

Serkan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Please also check if your nodes are listed on the QMC > Virtual proxies > Load Balancing

Serkan_0-1607078630747.png

Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Serkan
Thank you for helping!
We use clustered environment. In all default and relevant virtual proxy, we define scheduler nodes to serve the load from hub, QMC and health check.
We have only 2 loadbalancing rules.
1. the default rule to grant all access to central node
2. ((node.@LoadBalance=resource.stream.@LoadBalance) or (resource.stream.@LoadBalance.Empty() and node.@LoadBalance="Engine1"))
My question is, as loadbalancing rule is based on stream and node, how about the private apps in Work stream in hub?
If I open a private app, I don't see it from scheduler nodes or central node. Then where is it opened?

Best regards,
Susan

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Huiying What do you mean with not seeing the app?

You mention you are opening it, so I assume that means it opens alright? Do you mean you cannot see the opening logged somewhere? 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Serkan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Susan,

did you also add to the virtual proxy the Rim-Node? Please check that and refer to this article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000030433.

Otherwise try to enhance your load balancing rule to a specific app and try to check if you can see the app on central or rim node.

Regards

Ser

Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you everyone! I now find where the private apps are opened.
In our load balancing rule, we define that if a stream has node name in customer property, then the app is opened in corresponding node. Otherwise, it opens on dedicated node.
As there was no work stream in Streams sector, I was confused. But now it is very clear 🙂