Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II

ODAG Navigation Link is hidden + has no "Create New", Enterprise Windows, June 2020

Dear Gurus, 

Is there security setting, that you can hide Navigation Link from the app? I have assumed that once you enabled the property of "Enable On-demand App Service", then all of Content Admin would see the Navigation Link. 

I also assumed "Enable Dynamic Views" automatically enable users to have access to the "Dynamic View" in the left pane. 

Actually it seems there are some security setting which admins can hide them. Or even, it seems it is possible to disable "Create New" button. 

What QMC setting would you tweak to disable "Create New" but still showing "Dynamic View" and/or "Navigation Link"?

I am grateful  for your experienced advice. 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for all the private messages: it turned out that root admins now can set fine-grained security, i.e. which user can use ODAG. If root admin disabled, I do not even see ODAG Link icon. This is the difference from old extension-based ODAG to service-based ODAG.

So I close this topic. Thanks for all the care. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Check this way,

Go to QMC -- Security Rule -- ContentAdmin -- Resource Filter (Disable On demand option)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Anil, yes suggested method is authentic. The trouble is that currently I am in an environment where I do not have root admin privilege, so I have to guess how. Also June-2020 version onward has changed ODAG into service-based architecture. My memory in QMC admin is 1 year ago, where ODAG was implemented using extension rather than service. 

I am grateful if you advise me, if you are possibly aware, of known implementation pattern, where "on-demand app service" is enabled, but specific users are disabled for "create new". 

atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for all the private messages: it turned out that root admins now can set fine-grained security, i.e. which user can use ODAG. If root admin disabled, I do not even see ODAG Link icon. This is the difference from old extension-based ODAG to service-based ODAG.

So I close this topic. Thanks for all the care.