Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baron89
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Oracle Wallet

Does anyone have experience with Oracle Wallet or know whether it is compatible with QlikView.
Do you need certain extensions?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @DavidStrudwick ,

Did you try on Qlik Cloud by creating a connection with Qlik Data Gateway Direct Access?

Setting up Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access ‒ Qlik Cloud

That I have tested myself and worked properly in the past, so might be worth starting a Qlik Cloud trial and considering moving from QlikView to Qlik Coud.

Try Qlik Sense® – Get a Free Trial | Qlik

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hi,

I do not have any experience with Oracle Wallet and QlikView but according to the documentation, it should be possible with the Qlik ODBC Connector package.

You need to set the Oracle Wallet location in the sqlnet.ora and then place it C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvODBCConnectorPackage\oracle\lib\network\admin

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/Oracle...

Hope this helps! 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
DavidStrudwick
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

I wondered if anyone had managed to get this working with QlikView, i.e. using the ODBC Connector to connect to an Oracle DB using wallets?  When I try and configure a connection I only have the option of "Basic" available in Connection Type.  I have tried using the instructions in the above link but they talk about creating a zip file and then validating it,  but there doesn't appear to be any option for this in QlikView desktop.

Many thanks

Albert_Candelario

Hello @DavidStrudwick ,

Did you try on Qlik Cloud by creating a connection with Qlik Data Gateway Direct Access?

Setting up Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access ‒ Qlik Cloud

That I have tested myself and worked properly in the past, so might be worth starting a Qlik Cloud trial and considering moving from QlikView to Qlik Coud.

Try Qlik Sense® – Get a Free Trial | Qlik

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer