Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gciret
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Scheduler service start makes the VM crash

Hello,

We have Qlik Sense Enterprise installed on a Windows VM. Each day of the work week, the VM automatically stop at 19:00. Each morning, we start manually the VM and the Qlik services are set to start automatically when the VM starts. Since the 15/04/2024, when we start the VM, the Qlik services stopped working properly. When the qlik services starts, its make the VM very slow and unnable to access. It takes around 1 hour for the VM to be accessible again. Once the VM is accessible, i'm able to access it and restart properly the Qlik services and then it starts working properly.

I've try starting every Qlik services in different order to identify the one causing the crash and i've found that it is the Qlik Scheduler Service. 

By waiting for the VM to be accessible, we are able to solve the problem but it is not very convenient since we have to wait some time and more than that, we would like to understand why the Qlik services stopped working properly. Before the 15/04/2024, everything was working fine.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@gciret 

What order are you stopping the Qlik Sense services before the VM is closed? Make sure that you are following the recommendations in the below article Start_Stop order 

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@gciret Also, check the scheduler logs!

gciret
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Maria,

The shutdown of the VM is automatic so we dont control in which order the services are stopped. For the scheduler logs, i've  tried to look into the C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Scheduler\ directory but i didnt find anything relevant, it was just INFO logs, i didnt find any errors. I dont if there is another directory where i can find logs about scheduler starting.

JFalgon
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello, I have exactly the same problem, and I can't find the solution. What version of qlik are you on? I'm on February 2024

gciret
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello, we are on the Februrary 2024 version as well.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@gciret @JFalgon 

Does the same happen if you start the services manually? 

JFalgon
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

yes once the VM is crashed the services do not restart even manually.

The VM is on Azure.

Julien

Niroopananda
Support
Support

Hi @gciret@JFalgon,

Have you set the services to start automatic/delayed start/manual? 

The services are dependant and usually start one by one and take a bit time. Have you checked the memory consumption at that time? Which process is consuming the highest resource? I recommend to install some tools to get the information on the performance and the resource usage. 

Please open a ticket with support which will be helpful.