Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes Deployment for Production ?

Hi Techies,

I have started exploring QSEoK , I watched few Qlik webinars, read few articles but still having doubts . So I am opening this discussion to clear them:

1. Does NPrinting  connect to QSEoK and able to send reports ?

2. Can we apply security  or restrictions on Qlik Sense resources on sheet and apps like we do in QSE on Windows by using custom properties ?

3. Do clients started migrating from QSEoW to QSEoK, if yes, is it significant in count?

4. Apart of Qlik Sense, what kinds of skill we need to deploy QSEoK and maintain it on production i.e. Kubernetes, container, Helm, Linux etc?

5. Do we have any list of difference in from QSEoW to QSEoK w.r.t QMC and HUB?

6. QSEoK needs minikube, Helm , K8s container, are these platform i.e. vagrant, choco are open source and free of cost? What about mongoDb and IDP lets say Auth0 ?

7. Lets say, we have 450 GB RAM and 128 cores windows server, we pay monthly charges if servers are on cloud i.e. GCP, what if we migrate to QSEoK, we need server, yes , do we need same size of server if same application with same size and complexity of logic will be migrated ? What about costing of container, K8s other things, are they cheap in cost ? In Windows we do have Windows AD, here we need IDP, so including IDP which is more cheaper and easy to maintain ?

8. Do client configure container on Windows and configure container and install QSoK ?

I am hoping a speedy and positive response.

Thanks in advance

Rohit

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
neo_lee
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

1. Not possible for now

2. Not possible for now 

3. N/A (We have few new clients fresh deployed on K8s)

4. Generally speaking, 2 to 5 competent cloud engineers with deep IAAC skills. 

5. You can find the differences at help.qlik.com, at this point I would call them a completely different front end with different terminology such as Spaces.

6. Production grade MongoDB is not free. Auth0 can be accommodated with their free tier.

7. No and no. The K8s scale on a different level. Think of QSEoK as processes than the system itself. The cost of the containers largely driven by the choice of your cloud provider. At this point in time, Auth0, Okta & Keycloak have been proven working with QSEoK. I don't see why ADFS wouldn't work. (SAML is in the road map too )

8. Usually on CSP such as AWS , Azure , GCP. It is also worth to get a 101 course on Kubernetes. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
neo_lee
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

1. Not possible for now

2. Not possible for now 

3. N/A (We have few new clients fresh deployed on K8s)

4. Generally speaking, 2 to 5 competent cloud engineers with deep IAAC skills. 

5. You can find the differences at help.qlik.com, at this point I would call them a completely different front end with different terminology such as Spaces.

6. Production grade MongoDB is not free. Auth0 can be accommodated with their free tier.

7. No and no. The K8s scale on a different level. Think of QSEoK as processes than the system itself. The cost of the containers largely driven by the choice of your cloud provider. At this point in time, Auth0, Okta & Keycloak have been proven working with QSEoK. I don't see why ADFS wouldn't work. (SAML is in the road map too )

8. Usually on CSP such as AWS , Azure , GCP. It is also worth to get a 101 course on Kubernetes. 

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Thanks Neo for your reply. I really appreciate the way you answered all of my question. I have few small doubts on your input:

1. what is IAAC skills?

2.  what is the terminology Spaces ?

3. Auth0 can be accommodated with their free tier, but free tier is capable to deploy on production ?

4. People are adapting QSEoK but do Clients who has large enterprise  are migrating to QSEoK and shutting down their existing solution ? Do we have any estimate when QSEok will be ready for production and on top list of Qlik Sales guys ?

Thanks,

Rohit

neo_lee
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

1. Infrastructure as a code 

2. https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/management-console...

3. Up to your business case surely?

4. No idea on that 

Leigh_Kennedy
Employee
Employee

Just to add to this:

3)  Qlik is not affiliated to Auth0.  Whether the free teir is suitable or not is more about the contractual requirements between the user organisation and Auth0. It is not around capability.
 ADFS is supported and tested also. 

4)  QSEoK is ready for production now, however it is designed to meet certain use-cases and this does not represent all qlik sense user cases nor customer environments.  Qlik Does not recommend companies that do not use Kubernetes implementing Kubernetes for us.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

ADFS is free or open authentication module or its just a technical term for Windows active directory which is present in all Windows domain?