Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Or
MVP
MVP

Qlik Sense Hub navigation (Streams) bar sometimes starts closed

Hey everyone!

We've been upgrade-testing for Qlik Sense June 2020 and we've noticed some odd behavior - every once in a while, when logging in, the navigation bar (containing the list of streams) sometimes starts off closed rather than open. It can be reopened using the button but this inconsistent behavior is obviously undesirable. For the same user, it will usually start open (as it should) but maybe one time in five or one time in ten it will start off closed.

Has anyone encountered this behavior, or has any ideas how to address it? Can't find anything in Qlik's support site...

4 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have been doing a little searching as well and like you, I am not finding much in the way of that issue, so the only thing coming to mind is something in the web browser caching potentially causing the issue, have you tried clearing the browser cache on the client(s) in question and retesting to see if the issue goes away?  That is about the only thing of which I can think in this case that would be causing the issue.   Please doe confirm back if that does address things, or if you figure out something else, please leave a follow-up note on what you think it was.  If you have further questions, leave an update post.  Sorry I do not have anything better, but hopefully this may do the trick.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Or
MVP
MVP
Author

@Brett_BleessThanks - this issue persists after clearing the cache, unfortunately. It is possible that clearing the cache will "solve" the issue and then re-caching creates it again, but obviously we can't tell people to clear their cache after every QS session...

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have you checked in the Proxy logs yet to see if there is anything there that provides any clues?  Pretty sure that should be the pertinent place to start on this one, as even if it is something further in the backend, I would expect the Proxy should likely be writing something in this case, so be sure to check through those around a time when the issue occurred and see if you can find something that looks of interest there.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Or
MVP
MVP
Author

Unfortunately I have no idea what to look for in the proxy logs, but I'll try and fish around for anything suspicious...