Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megan_mann
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Not Allowing User full Edit Capabilities in their My Sheets

Recently (over the past 2 months) we have been having issues with our Power Users temporarily not having full edit capabilities in their Work Wtream and/or My Sheets. Has anyone been having issues with Qlik not allowing them to edit their my sheets?

Qlik is allowing them to go into “edit mode” and they can add new measures or dimensions but they cannot edit any existing measures or dimensions. It’s like Qlik will not allow them to expand the dimension/measure so that they can access the expressions or settings.

We’ve had users:

1. Shut down Chrome and open back up a new session
  2. Clear their cache
  3. Shut down their entire PC
  4. We’ve unallocated their license and later allocated it back

Nothing seems to work, but somehow eventually (sometimes hours sometimes days later) Qlik will allow them to edit again everything again.

It feels like it’s a Chrome/Qlik thing because we’ve had one user, who experiences this issue almost 2-3 times a week, go into Firefox and they are able to edit there.

I also thought it might be some type of contradicting security rules causing this but I cannot seem get a handle on it. It was just one user, but we're continuing to see more and more issues pop up.

Any advice? Thoughts?

1 Reply
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi megan,

If you are talking about published apps then please refer the apps and app objects level security rule that what actions are enabled.

for MY WORK section, any user is owner of content so he must have rights to do anything.

If still it is not working, it means someone has made some inappropriate changes in security rules. 

Thanks,

Rohit