Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnieV
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Sheet Access

Hi,

I created new security rules for my Qlik Sense environment (which are working as expected) but since enabling the security rules people have lost access to sheets inside some of the apps.

When I duplicate the apps to my work folder, they also appear as empty, while the QMC says there's app objects in there.
When I switch the owner of the app to my personal account in the QMC, it also still appears as empty.
I haven't found any differences between the apps where the sheets are showing and where they are not. The owner is the same for both the working ones and the broken ones. There are no app-specific or stream-specific security rules in place
According to the user access tab inside the QMC the people should have access to the sheets.

Do any of you have any ideas where to look for issues? Or maybe there's an issue with my security rules?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (4)
2 Replies
AnnieV
Contributor
Contributor
Author

UPDATE:
the security rules are fine.

the issue is caused by scheduled app reload tasks, when this is executed my custom data load script disappears.
So the app does not contain any data and displays as empty.
How do I fix this?

graziellas82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, 

I had the same issue whith the ETL Apps. I resolved including in the store subroutine the load command in export table.

Sub STORE_MS(Table)

Store $(Table) into [lib://$(QVDStage_MS_Cmn)/$(Table).qvd] (QVD);
Drop Tables $(Table);

Export:
Load '$(Table)'&'.qvd' as QvdGenerato,
now() as LastUpdate
AutoGenerate 1;

Let Table = null();

EndSub

So at the end of the script you have a table with the list of file generated.

If you can't access the script try to change the url from '.../datamodelviewer/app/32fb1af8-bea0-441c-a726-d44ae4365673' to '.../dataloadeditor/app/32fb1af8-bea0-441c-a726-d44ae4365673'