cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SergioMrg
Contributor II
Contributor II

QlikView locked file

Since the last major Windows Update on my local PC, QlikView Personal Edition will not open my .qvw files. I suspect that something was updated in the PC registry and my PC is no longer recognized by QlikView. I am prepared to slowly migrate to QlikSense Cloud but I still need the files while I bring myself up to speed with the new environment. I have installed the latest version of QlikView from the Product Downloads and have read that it is possible to recover .qvw files up to 4 times. Can someone guide me through this recovery process or point to a URL where the process is described?

Thanks, Sergio

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Thanks @SergioMrg, then the way to proceed is contacting your Qlik representative to discuss this matters, if you are not aware whom that person is, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team to help you to get in touch with him/her. Do use our Chat, by clicking Chat Now on any Support Page across Qlik Community.

Albert_Candelario_0-1691920255263.png

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello  @SergioMrg,

Usually is as easy as opening the file and then a pop-up will show up mentioned you have 4 attempts to open files within the licensed QlikView Desktop if such files were not created by your computer.

Cheers,

Albert

SergioMrg
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I get no popup, just an error message that (The document *.* failed to load) followed by another message (Filed to open document). That's all. I can run the data load script in QlikSense Desktop and I can open the same QlikView document in QlikSense Cloud, but it is not possible to do both operations in one of the two environments. 

Maybe it would be possible to run the script with the QlikSense Desktop version, save a QVD file and then open the QVD file in QlikSense Cloud. Haven't tried that yet.

Albert_Candelario

Thanks @SergioMrg, then there are no more available attempts and you would need to license your QlikView Desktop.

Do you have a QlikView Desktop license or a QlikView Server that you could use to license it?

Cheers,

Albert

SergioMrg
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Albert_Candelario 

I inherited a QlikView file from a colleague who has since left. I assume that he used the 4 attempts before he left. Anyway, I have found no info on where to get a QlikView Desktop license and I have no server set up. How much does the license cost, and where can I purchase it from?

Thanks,

Sergio

Albert_Candelario

Thanks @SergioMrg, then the way to proceed is contacting your Qlik representative to discuss this matters, if you are not aware whom that person is, do not hesitate to contact our Customer Support team to help you to get in touch with him/her. Do use our Chat, by clicking Chat Now on any Support Page across Qlik Community.

Albert_Candelario_0-1691920255263.png

Cheers,

Albert