Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Security rules hide possibility to copy/paste sheets

Hello,

How to hide/disable "copier/coller" (Copy/Paste) option in the right click of the sheets objects ?

QS_hide.png

regards

Fabrice Callegari

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @fabricecallegar you would need to create a security rule with the "Resource Filter" set to "App.Object_*". Then you would set the correct conditions for the users or groups.   If you do not wish to have any rights the Actions in the rule would be set to "Read" only. 

Refer here  and also to these examples 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @fabricecallegar you would need to create a security rule with the "Resource Filter" set to "App.Object_*". Then you would set the correct conditions for the users or groups.   If you do not wish to have any rights the Actions in the rule would be set to "Read" only. 

Refer here  and also to these examples 

Hope this helps!

fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for answering me.

I already create security rules but with resource filter set to "App.Object_*", there is no actions for Copy/paste :

fabricecallegar_0-1681225138391.png

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @fabricecallegar  your screenshot is of a rule that permits users to update app objects. It should be set to Read only if that is what you want. 

There is not meant to be a copy paste option these are part of the update permission. 

Please use the provided links to research and understand how security rules work.

fabricecallegar
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello,

The screenshot I posted only shows you that "Copy/paste" is not an option for resource filter "App.Object_*".

I don't see an exemple of what I'm looking for in the link you shared.

Fabrice Callegari

Eugene_Sleator
Support
Support

Hi @fabricecallegar  here are some resources to understand security rules. We cannot write your security rules for you. Here are some links as security rules and how they work is very well documented. Just involves a little research to be done. 

How security rules work 
security-rules-overview 
Security rule conventions 
Security-Rules-Control-Access-to-sections-in-QlikSense 

Hope this helps!