cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madnanansari
Creator
Creator

Slow Performance

Qlik Sense response in the app sometime is almost dead.

When we check the server; its found that the memory 72 GB is fully utilized and then it fully utilized the virtual memory as well and the response to end user is none.

Any idea how to check this issue for resolution?

4 Replies
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@madnanansari

This can be normal QlikSense behavior.

QlikSense is an in memory application and it does consume a lot of RAM.

When you open an app on the server it gets loaded to RAM. The app seizes in RAM in not the same as on disk. It can be many times bigger in memory.

A 1 GB app could be 5-10 in RAM (or more), it depends on the data model and design of the document.

Once the apps are loaded it stays in memory until the app timeout has passed (default 8h). The appt timeout does not start to count down until all sessions against it is closed.

It is normal that the memory consumption stays high even if no one is logged in.

We also cache calculations and session information.  This does not get cleared when the app gets unloaded but stays in memory until the working set limit is reached.

Then we start to clear it out, started with the data that was used the longest ago.

madnanansari
Creator
Creator
Author

My system is not working. This happened since 10 days. Before its working file. When this situations happens; there is no response to the users. A system restart fixes temporarily.  This is truly not a normal behaviour.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

I'm sorry, "normal" was a poor choice of word. But this is how QlikSense works. 

But QlikSense does not start using more memory unless something changed. It could, for example, be a small change in a script, a change in user behavior. 

Below are links to two Techspert Tuesday videos which discusses how to troubleshoot and understand these issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF07UnSQKKo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ymU5FsWdPA

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@madnanansari

I just wanted to check if the answer was useful to you?