Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II

Upgrade

Good afteroon,

i'm preparing for an upgrade process.

I've seen that you need to create a backup through the Qlik sense util.exe file.

After that you can run the file for the upgrade as an administrator and follow all the steps.

When also this process is ended.. do you need to substitute the back_up files with the installed one's? I'm talking about the repository, scheduler etc ..

Thanks

C

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Carlaf_93,

Have a look at the Qlik Knowledgebase article Qlik Sense Upgrade Guide - Step by Step Plus Common Issues and Tips Included.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Carlaf_93,

Have a look at the Qlik Knowledgebase article Qlik Sense Upgrade Guide - Step by Step Plus Common Issues and Tips Included.

Best Regards

rohitk1609
Master
Master

You need backup file only when you need to restore the site. if upgrade works fine then you don't need to restore it

Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II
Author

So all the scheduled reloads etc... will remain the same whitouth changing the back up files with the new ones?

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Correct. As @rohitk1609 stated, the backup would only be used if you have to restore the site. 

Best Regards