Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aadil_madarveet
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Verify Cluster setup

Hi All,

I have installed a rim node and configured the node with only Engine service ON.

I have added the server in the virtual proxy load balancing nodes.

Could someone please suggest the steps that i can follow to verify if the load balancing is happening.

Can i force a dashboard to load on a particular node?

Can i verify if the resource is being used only for loading the dashboards on the hub and not for reloading the apps?

NOTE: I am running QlikSense September 2017 build on Windows 2012 R2.

Thanks,
Aadil

1 Reply
vve
Employee
Employee

Could someone please suggest the steps that i can follow to verify if the load balancing is happening.

- Proxy logs should tell you how many Engine's it can load balance towards when you open a specific App. And which engine it load balances the current user towards.

Can i force a dashboard to load on a particular node?

- Yes, using Load Balancing rules: Configuring load balancing rules ‒ Qlik Sense

Can i verify if the resource is being used only for loading the dashboards on the hub and not for reloading the apps?

- Nodes that have Scheduler service enabled and is configured as "Slave" or "Master and Slave" will be used for scheduled reloads. To prevent reload from happening on a consumer node you will have to change the node purpose to "Production".

See Type section in Schedulers Overview page: http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/schedulers-overv...

See "Node Purpose" section: Editing a node ‒ Qlik Sense

For more information about deployment: Enterprise deployment ‒ Qlik Sense