Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triplip
Contributor II
Contributor II

problem with service in windows 2019

hi,

i got a problem in my Virtual Machine.

evrey 4-5 days when the server working, the service Host local System take up 20% from my ram, sometimes this service go up to 45% and its make my qliksene slowing down and some time i get -129 error (memory to low) because the service local host take lot of my memory (between 20-40 GB).

The specifications I have

- windows 2019,

-128 RAM 

- processor : intel Xeon gold 6336y cpu 2.4GHz 2.39 GHz (8 Processors)

- Qlik sense May 2024 Patch 2

i Tried to upgrade QlikSene but the problem didnt solve

someone have idea if the problem is in the App or the windows?

triplip_0-1720103650362.png

Labels (1)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's caused from Windows - probably caching the result of any working-steps. That this grows to big within a few days hints for any unsuitable configurations in regards to the frequency of certain measurements and/or to which size the caches may grow and/or how long they will kept until they are deleted/overwritten. I think you need to monitor this behaviour more granular to detect the causing services/processes and then investigating which configurations are available and recommended.   

triplip
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks,

The problem can also come from the application itself that saves caches?

and do you have idea how i can solve the problem?

marcus_sommer

Your sceenshot showed a group of OS services which usual average RAM consumption should be definitely lower as 5%. If some are really active like the update they will consume more but after that they release the RAM again - which seems not happens in your environment.

Like above mentioned you need to investigate the issue more granular and also consider that the cause may unsuitable configurations between the VM host and the target OS.