Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarbala
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

what are the areas and Steps to follow to check the performance and fastness of the qliksense servers

Hi Qlik Experts!!!!

From the point of Admins,

1)What are the steps we need to check for the qliksense server performance issues?(frequently we are facing slowness in the server).

2)Other than Monitor(operations) dashboard is their any other ways to check the qlik server performance and cpu utilization and Ram consumption).

3)We checked the security rules and most of the security rules are straight forward so that their is no issue with security rules in degrading the performance.

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

@kumarbala 

If you are looking for something other than Operations Monitor to check the CPU / RAM consumption by the Applications, I would suggest looking into the Telemetry Dashboard.

There are other tools that can be used as well to look over the environment and would suggest looking into the following links:

I hope that this helps!

Thank you 

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

@kumarbala 

If you are looking for something other than Operations Monitor to check the CPU / RAM consumption by the Applications, I would suggest looking into the Telemetry Dashboard.

There are other tools that can be used as well to look over the environment and would suggest looking into the following links:

I hope that this helps!

Thank you 

kumarbala
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Mike...

I am looking for the reason  why cpu utilisation is taking almost 99% in the rim nodes although we don't have any tasks running in server.Can you please tell me where i need to look for the reason causing server slowness . 

kumarbala
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Rohi!!!

I will check all the document.

Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

@kumarbala  a node does not need to be running task on the server to have high utilization.  If the rim node is being used to Consume applications (IE: opening the apps in the HUB) then there could be applications you have in place that are causing the problem.  The Telemetry dashboard should help you with this as it provides the ability to capture CPU and RAM utilization of individual chart objects.

kumarbala
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

exactly... ur correct i am facing issue in finding which app is causing the issue as we have almost 6/8 apps which are huge in size..users are complaining when they are trying to open one huge application then hub is facing slowness.how to find which app is causing the issue?do we need to modify any security loqd balancing rules?? 

Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

@kumarbala If you have large apps, then there might be some app objects / calculations / ect that are using up all of the CPU when loading.  The only way to know which app is causing a problem is to either isolate the Engine node and open up each application individually going through each of the sheets while monitoring the RAM / CPU on the Engine node, then restart the engine service and open up the next application.  Or using the Telemetry dashboard.  You can view the following video which goes over the analysis after getting it installed / configured in your environment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BfZDxODhzE

kumarbala
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks