Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III

Component Doesn't Show Up in Palette

I am unable to make components show up in the palette. I have four, all of which I have used successfully on previous projects. 

tFileOutputPDF

tLOBDownload

tSQLScriptParser and

tUnpivotRow

Following this post

https://help.talend.com/reader/Jkvp187bw8jcmAsfn~skJQ/MUwk3e4kaqATWxjH~quy9A

I have unzipped them and saved them all in a folder inside the main Talend install folder. I've then gone into the settings and changed the component folder to be the same as the folder I've saved all the components in. They don't appear,

I have tried reopening Talend, redownloading each of the components in case they are corrupted, checking the xml is well-formed, setting the folder to different locations and combed through the instructions looking for some step I have not done right but I can't see anything I've missed.

Talend 7.1.1 (TOS)

jre1.8.0_181

Labels (3)
17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please tell me the steps you have done with screenshots, I am not able to see the custom object in pallete

kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm happy to help but maybe you can narrow it down by first telling me what you have done so far and I'll see if I can spot the missing piece. Most of the steps are in the link in the original post. This is the first time I have not had success by just following the instructions there.
talendtester
Creator III
Creator III

Can you please share what was the problem with your temp folder and the steps you did to fix the issue?

kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

In Window > Preferences > Talend The value in the "temporary Files" box was set to C:\TEMP and my Windows profile was set up in such a way that I was not able to create files there for some reason.

The solution was to create a new folder C:\MyTalendProject\Mysubfolder\temp, which I was able to use. I set the value in the Temporary Files box to point to that. Thereafter, the problem resolved itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi kewbsl,

Can you share what is the solution to this problem? You are saying, something to do with temp folder. My temp folder appears to be empty. I am trying to install tFileOutputPDF into my Talend 7.1. I have check the **_java.xml against the existing working component to make the setting the same, re-apply the component in the Talend (after restarting Talend), but the component still does not appears in Palette. Please advice. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I have figure out and solved the issue. Make sure in Talend setting preferences, make sure Temporary files path is point to the same workspace temp folder.

0683p000009M2sY.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i use 7.2 and i can't solve the same problem. I tried to install Gabriele badassare composant (Twitter). I tried your solution but nothing. Do you have a idea  why it's doens't work please ?  Thank's in advance
This is my config :

0683p000009MA0r.png

0683p000009MA0w.png

Tasfiahm
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I proposed another direct solution.

Please copy all the custom components in the Talend installation folder location:

:\\Talend-Studio-20190620_1446-V7.2.1\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_7.2.1.20190614_0309\components\

Then use the Preference>Talend> Components--- give the location above location and apply.

it will work 100%