Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Stop a job when Execution Time is too long

I have a job who make something, and i want to add the rule :

If the job duration > 10seconds, stop it.

To get the start duration, i think tChronometerStart can be a good choice because he have : (Long)globalMap.get("tChronometerStart_1_STARTIME")

The problem is the tChronometerStop, because this component help when we want to get the duration of the full job AFTER execution.

I don't know how to write correctly the "stop" duration because after running 10seconds, i want to stop the job.

To stop the job, i think about a tDie with a "if" condition like this : ((Long)globalMap.get("tChronometerStop_2_STARTIME") - (Long)globalMap.get("CURRENT_TIME???"))/1000 > 10 secondes

thanks

Labels (2)
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

how could it handle multiple input data sources? I can't link multiple data to the tJavaFlex.

Dewey
Contributor III
Contributor III

The solution I posted runs in parallel. No tJavaFlex.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Even in multi link processing the java flex code will break the entire jobflow and end the job , you just have to give that code in any one of your multiple links , quite easy to end the job by just adding two lines of code.

Dewey
Contributor III
Contributor III

But what if parallel sequences are running and the one with the JavaFlex component ends before the timeout and the others continue to run? Won't this model fail in that example?

RV9
Contributor
Contributor

This is giving me a null pointer exception error in Javaflex