Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgsteiner
Contributor
Contributor

How to avoid job looping (Talend 7.3.1 in cloud)

Dear all,

I had a job running on 6.5.1 that can call subjobs (including itself) depending on some conditions.

Now, we are moving to cloud with talend version 7.3.1 and job looping is not allow.

So, I wonder if anybody has some ideas or best practice advice regarding how to avoid a job loop to himself.

Thanks a lot in advance

Max

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

According to this error message, here exists a jira issue and it is fixed in 8.0.1, 7.3.1-R2021-06

Could you please create a support case on talend support portal so that our colleagues from support team would give you a remote assistance on your issue to see if a fixed patch could help through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Could you please post your current looping job work flow screenshots here which will be helpful for us to understand your situation and get more information?

Please mask your sensitive data.

Best regards

Sabrina

mgsteiner
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your answer.

The job looks like this:

0695b00000KDvLHAA1.pngSo, it is to execute FTP jobs, where every job can have an FTP_Transfer (upload or download) but also a job can have another job which also can have FTP transfers as well.

This job handles 2 cases in the following way:

• Master FTP Job execute a FTP Transfer
  • Master FTP Job, execute another Job and that Job have the FTP transfer to be executed

Typical case is to have a Master FTP job that calls the Jobs for 2 different environments, where for each environment we have different transfers to do.

I have marked where the problem is. In this case, the main job has to call himself to be able to call the dependent transfers, because it is a subjob from the master

The issue is that it is working fine for 6.5.1 but I get deployment error in the pipeline when using the cloud version, saying there is a looping.

BR

Max

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using cloud or remote engines? From your screenshot, we see that your Master job invokes child job using tRunJob.

Have you tried to publish child job to integration cloud separately to see if it works fine?

We will appreciate it a lot if you could post error message here when you publish your master job to cloud.

Best regards

Sabrina

mgsteiner
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

No. i did not try to publish the sub-job only, but the entire master job with the sub-job.

When publishing, in GitLab under CI/CD --> Jobs I see the status with the following error:

------------------------------

[ERROR] [ERROR] The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference: Edge between 'Vertex{label='org.example.management.job:FtpSubJob:6.0.0'}' and 'Vertex{label='org.example.management.job:FtpJob:6.0.0'}' introduces to cycle in the graph org.example.management.job:FtpJob:6.0.0 --> org.example.management.job:FtpSubJob:6.0.0 --> org.example.management.job:FtpJob:6.0.0 @

------------------------

BR

Max

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

According to this error message, here exists a jira issue and it is fixed in 8.0.1, 7.3.1-R2021-06

Could you please create a support case on talend support portal so that our colleagues from support team would give you a remote assistance on your issue to see if a fixed patch could help through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

mgsteiner
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Cool.

We will check it out.

Thanks a lot for your help !

G__Lohwasser
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

@Max Steiner​ 

Hello Max,

although quite some times passed since you ran into the problem, I'm interested how you finally overcame the " (...)The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference (...)" error?

I also run into it and asume I've to resolve the cycle reference.

But before I'm interested wherther you may have implemented a solution to avoid this.

Thank you very much and best regards

Gertrud

G__Lohwasser
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Finally I found the solution:

There's an option in Project Settings - Build to work around until you've finally migrated and modified your projects following best practises.

See https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/7.3/open-studio-user-guide/configure-build-settings