Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to read and write CSV files from FTP server

Hi Team,
I am new to Talend open studio for ESB.
I need a help to create job desgin that i want to read csv file from FTP server and I want to write csv file into same FTP server.
Please help me that how to use FTP meta data/Could you please provide us the sample job designs.
I really appreciate for you help. 
Thanks,
Jagan.
Labels (3)
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,
So far, Talend don't support for transferring data by air which means you have to fetch data from FTP server firstly, save it locally and do further processing and then put it on FTP server.
There is no FTP metadata feature for now.
The workflow should be:tFTPConnection-->tFtpGet-->tFtpPut
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Team,
Thanks for the reply.
I am facing below 2 issues.
1. Can we delete csv file in local by using tFTPDelete component?
2. unable to send csv file from local to FTP server,
I have placed csv file to C:/Users/Jagan/Desktop/nw/Talend/WDEmployees.csv directory and executed but getting error.
Error Message is:
Starting job PutFTP at 15:58 05/01/2016.
connecting to socket on port 3548
connected
No match file exist!
disconnected
Job PutFTP ended at 15:58 05/01/2016.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
1. Can we delete csv file in local by using tFTPDelete component?

As a matter of fact, you should use tFileDelete component instead of tFTPDelete component if you want to delete files on local.
2. unable to send csv file from local to FTP server,?

The exception "No match file exist!" means that no file in the local file system matches with the file filter.
Could you please show us the component setting screenshot of tFTPPut?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Team,
Reg 2. unable to send csv file from local to FTP server,?
FYI: I am able to get file from FTP server but unable to put file to same FTP server.
Please find the below screen shot.
0683p000009MChU.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Local directory is the path to the local directory containing the files.
Please take a look at component reference TalendHelpCenter:tFTPPut with scenario.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I am very new to talend, I have got a work to export the data from a FTO connection and import data in salesforce using csv file. On FTP I have total 3 backup file  with extension .bak(No CSV), 
I am using same steps mentioned in a examole : 
My job ran sucessfully but I did not get any csv file in folder, please help me.
Thanks,
Rahul
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Are you using tFTPget component to retrieve your csv file from FTP server?
Have you tried to check out "Die on error" option on tftpget component to see if there is any error message printed on console?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you , now I can get the files form FTP
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I also need your help on : I have to port data in salesforce from File Maker pro database, client provided me the jar file of ODBC File Maker pro, now I want to establish a connection in Talend Studio with FileMaker Pro database so I can fetch the data from FileMaker Pro and port in salesforce, but I do not see the db type as FileMaker pro in available list of db type, could you please let me know how to establish connection for FileMaker Pro Databse, your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rahul