Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roman01
Contributor II
Contributor II

[RESOLVED] NullPointerException - tFileOutPutDelimited - Send Mail

Hello Community,

I deploy already a job which send an email if we not found an ID employee. (pictures 1.1 , 1.2 ok)

However, when I change the schema to change a column name, when i run the job, I have a NULL pointer exception on my component tFileOutPutDelimited. ( pictures 2.1 , 2.2 ,2.3)... I do not really understand why the flush or talend is not working.

The tFileOutPutDelimited_2 is the same as the

The tFileOutPutDelimited_1 in my first job. Also for the tSendMail_2 is the same as the first one.

Why do I have nullpointerexception with the same components to send an email ??

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards.

Labels (6)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Make sure the if condition expression has been set. If done, can you show us the expression?

Regards

Shong

Roman01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Shong,

thanks for your reply.

Yes the if condition is already been set in both job. I really not understnad where is the issue with the nullpointerexception ... Talend surprised me...

Job 1 ok : (picture 1.3) the flush is correct and we saw all green numbers rows of the flush are ok.

0695b00000JPI89AAH.jpg 

Job 2 not ok : with the same components as the job 1 ... (picture 2.4)

0695b00000JPHnLAAX.jpg 

Do you think is better to re start a new job with new flush from scratch ?

Thanks.

gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, it's seems in your second job you made a condition on tFileOutputDelimited_1 instead of tFileOutputDelimited_2.

Send me love and kudos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you use the right global variable, if the global variable does not exist, it will returns null value that causes the NPE error.

Roman01
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

THANK YOU very much.... I need some break I think sometimes !

I will try in a context variable if possible to avoid this mistake again...