Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The dreaded "The schema from the input link is different from the schema defined in the component" message

I am trying something really simple, at least that's what I thought. After a few hours of trial and error, I think it is not so simple.

I created a Joblet, with just input and output. Both have a Document. Input connects straight to output. I want to put some functionality in this Joblet later. I thought I'd start simple.

In a Job I want to use this Joblet, so I drag the Joblet into the Job in and I connect the output of a tXMLMap to the Joblet. Talend asks me if I want to get the schema of the target component. It doesn't matter what I choose, Yes or No, the result is always the same: an error symbol on the Joblet, telling me: "The schema from the input link is different from the schema defined in the component"

Yet the output of the tXMLMap is a document, the input of the Joblet is a document, as far as I can tell they are identical.

What am I doing wrong here?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Which version of Talend studio are you using? I just made a quick testing on v7.1.1 and I can not reproduce the issue, I am able to pass a document to joblet.

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

As I had posted in my question, you can see it in the upper righthand corner, it's 6.x (actually it's 6.5, but the community forum shows this as 6.x)