Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFileOutputExcel

Hi...

Can any one help me - I am getting all column(data) in one column(tFileOutputExcel

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

This is almost certainly to do with your source data, rather than the tFileOutputExcel component.

Can you provide more information - specifically where your data comes from, and the components you're using?

If you could include a screen grab of your Talend job, that would also be useful.

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

This is almost certainly to do with your source data, rather than the tFileOutputExcel component.

Can you provide more information - specifically where your data comes from, and the components you're using?

If you could include a screen grab of your Talend job, that would also be useful.

Regards,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi..0683p000009LrX6.jpg0683p000009LrPQ.jpg0683p000009Lr2X.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

Assuming the file "Emp_1" shown in your Notepad screen grab is your input to the job via the tInputFileDelimited, then it appears to be a fixed position file, rather than a delimited one, and so you'll need to use a tFileInputPositional.

What's likely to be happening, is that the tFileInputDelimited isn't finding the character it expects to be separating the fields, and so the entire line will be interpreted as the EmpId field.

I'd recommend ticking the Customize option in the tFileInputPositional, as it gives you much more control, but from what I can see of your sample data, in this case you just need to specify the size of each column, and this could just be done in the Pattern field.

There is always the possibility that "Empt_1" is a tab delimited file, in which case you don't need to replace the tIputFileDelimited, only ensure that the Field Separator is set to "\t".

Regards,

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Now Its Working..Tnx