cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add resulting list of addresses to bubble label

I've been searching for this answer for 2 days and am stuck.

I have the Geo map with a Geo bubble layer that is plotting the countries for each incident ticket (based on whatever filter options the user selected).  A country may have only 1 incident or it might have multiple incidents.  What I need is to add the specific Locations and the Issue Type for each resulting country like this (assumes this country had 3 incidents):

Country

Total Incs

Location 1 - Issue Type 1

Location 2 - Issue Type 2

Location 3 - Issue Type 1

etc.

So far, I've only been able to get the first two lines of the expression with no formatting:

=IncCountry & '<br>' & count(IncNumber)

So how do I write the expression so it will add a new line for each location, whether there is 1 location or 10 locations (realistically, there will likely be fewer than 5 but I can't say for sure)?

I have no experience with HTML* nor Qlik variables or set expressions, so please walk me through the fix step by step.

Thanking everyone in advance.

* An online tool was able to convert the text above to HTML in case that helps.

<p style='margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:15px;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;'><strong><span style="font-size: 11px;">Country</span></strong></p>
<p style='margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:15px;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;'><span style="font-size: 11px;">Total Incs</span></p>
<p style='margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:15px;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;'><span style="font-size: 11px;"><strong>Location 1 - <span style="color:red;">Issue Type 1</span></strong></span></p>
<p style='margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:15px;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;'><span style="font-size: 11px;"><strong>Location 2 - <span style="color:#FF9900;">Issue Type 2</span></strong></span></p>
<p style='margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:15px;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;'><strong><span style="font-size: 11px;">Location 3 - </span><span style="color: red; font-size: 11px;">Issue Type 1</span></strong></p>

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martyginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I wouldn't have time to walk through this, but in the past I think I would have used the concat function to aggregate this string. Start with simple concat (field, ',') and build from that.

Martin.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Anyone?

martyginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I wouldn't have time to walk through this, but in the past I think I would have used the concat function to aggregate this string. Start with simple concat (field, ',') and build from that.

Martin.

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

Would it be possible for you to share a sample of your data? 

Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This was the answer.  I didn't realize CONCAT was not the same as using ampersands.  Thank you, Marty.

This is what I ended up with.

=IF(IncP1P2Flag = 'Yes', IncCountry & chr(10) & 'Total Tickets - ' & count(IncNumber) & chr(10) & (CONCAT(Distinct IncLocation & ' - ' & IncLocationType,chr(10))), IncCountry & chr(10) & count(IncNumber))

SalvatoreBaker
Contributor
Contributor

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Tellpizzahut