cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jelindbe
Partner - Contributor III

Data classification/Interval breaks

I have tried both the ordinary map chart as well as the geoanalytics extension.  Generally I miss documentation on the methods used to define breaks in the classification of measures (giving different "colors") .  I would ideally like have a possibility to choose from different methods - as documented here: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/layer-properties/data-classification-methods.htm

I have just started to try to adapt the simplest of the metods - defined interval, with a possibility to choose the number of intervals. As I am not particularly good in coding I need assistance.

I have two questions to raise:

1) How is the present standard method for generating breaks?

2) Have any of you experience with different/alternative methods used in Qlik Sense?  

Any tips or code examples would be welcome.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Yes, the standard chart color classification in Sense is limited. However it is definitely possible to create classes, the upside is that classes are available in the whole app, the downside is that is a little more work. See my tip "Classification methods for coloring" here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/Top-10-QGA-tricks-Qonnections-2019/ta-p/15...

Especially the app:  ClassColoring.qvf,  it shows variations of classification methods: natural breaks, equal intervals, standard deviation and quantiles. 

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Yes, the standard chart color classification in Sense is limited. However it is definitely possible to create classes, the upside is that classes are available in the whole app, the downside is that is a little more work. See my tip "Classification methods for coloring" here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/Top-10-QGA-tricks-Qonnections-2019/ta-p/15...

Especially the app:  ClassColoring.qvf,  it shows variations of classification methods: natural breaks, equal intervals, standard deviation and quantiles. 

Thanks,

Patric

jelindbe
Author

This is awesome! It will help me a lot.

Thank you so much.

jelindbe
Author

I try to make your script "dynamic" in the sense that I want to be able to choose which measure to use in the map. So far I am stuck.  This is an extraction of my code (so far based on a list of only two measures):

Formula_table:
Load * inline [
Measure,Formula
Folkemengde,Sum(Folkemengde)
Boligbygging,Sum(Boligbygging_bygningstype)
];

// Henter ut variabel fra "OPPSLAG"
vMeasure = '=GetFieldSelections(Formula)';

vDimension = 'Kommunenavn';

If you have any hint on how to proceed it would be very welcome.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry, the example is not so generic that it can take any measure, it's an example that shows examples of classifications. I recommend you pick the parts you need.

Thanks,

Patric