Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcafee44
Contributor
Contributor

Do I need a separate server for Qlik Geoanalytics for Qlik Sense?

Trying to establish best practice for bringing up Geoanalytics for Qlik Sense.  Not much that I find discusses whether it should be on its own server, whether it's ok to put it on the Sense server or what considerations might be relevant to the decision.  How have you done it?

3 Replies
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

The QGA Extension and Connector are installed in the Sense server (or Desktop) by design.

The only time you need a separate server is when you use a QGA Enterprise server which delivers offline capabilities to Qlik GeoAnalytics.

But to get started, use the cloud server.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Jonas Karlsson 

Qlik

wallacechen
Creator
Creator

Hi Jonas,

May I ask if the offline capabilities to Qlik GeoAnalytics using QCA Enterprise server is also applicable to qlikview ?

thanks ,

Wallace

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wallace,

Yes, it is exactly the same.

Cheers,

Rod