Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallacechen
Creator
Creator

Is it possible to use geoanalytics enterprise server for your own basemap?

Hi , 

Is it possible we can use geoanalytics enterpise server as on-promise server so that we can define what are basemaps we want using raster images for the spatial analysis?

thanks

3 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Wallace,

No the default basemaps can't be altered. QGA sat image layer is hosted, needs internet.

But you can of course add any basemap as a geodata layer to your app.

Thanks,

Patric

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Patric,

thanks for the answer. But according to this discussion : Do I need a separate server for Qlik Geoanalytics for Qlik Sense?

using geoanalytics enterprise server on-promise can be offline , no need internet for spatial analysis?  and is it still applicable for qlikview , not only qliksense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wallace,

Using the server on premise effectively gives you access to the base maps to do what you want, however I imagine it would be difficult for Qlik to support you if you were to start changing them or making other amendments to the server outside of the intended use and the license terms/metrics that are available at Qlik.com. Patric mentioned that the satellite layer is hosted, so I'm guessing he means that even with the enterprise server installed locally that layer wouldn't be available if you were off-line (something I'll test when I get a chance).

I get the feeling that you may be assessing QGA against capabilities it isn't intended to deliver. Qlik Geoanalytics isn't really intended to replace a complete GIS toolset but instead complements them by providing the ability to include layers and data in various ways with the broader analytical capability of Qlik Sense and QlikView.