Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tafare
Contributor II
Contributor II

GeoAnalytics Within problem

Hello,

A little insight in the App first, i have a series of points which i have calculated the 200km area around them. Now i addeed another set of points and need to relate the points to the area, so when i am selecting an area only the points within the area show up. So i decided to do a Within function. However it is showing this error:Cap1.PNG

This are the Within Parameters:cap2.PNG

And this is the data model just in case:

cap3.PNG

Anything i am doing wrong? Can anyone give me any insight? 

Thank you very much in advance

Juan Tafarello

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Looks ok but the Within operation seems to have the wrong" Geometry type".

The first loaded table should be "Point", if NewCoordenadas looks like '[long,lat]'

Th he second one should be "Polygon" if the TravelAreas looks like '[[[long,lat],[ ....

Thanks,

Patric 

View solution in original post

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Yes of course !

I would try to load a subset, first ten points to narrow down the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marion82
Contributor
Contributor

There is one issue related to reload of 2 map layers. The map appears only the first time when application open. After some filters/clicks it doesn't reload. I have put the condition on both the layers like if type www.walgreenslistens.com

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Looks ok but the Within operation seems to have the wrong" Geometry type".

The first loaded table should be "Point", if NewCoordenadas looks like '[long,lat]'

Th he second one should be "Polygon" if the TravelAreas looks like '[[[long,lat],[ ....

Thanks,

Patric 

Tafare
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

First of all, thank you for your quick answer Patric. It was interesting and gave me some different approach. So i tried to change the different Geometry types of the operation but i have some errors due to format. First, this is the error that came up with this operator setting:cap4.PNGcap5.PNG

I deduced it might be a problem with my data, so i am showing underneath this some examples of my data to see if you can see any problems here.  captura1.PNG

Thank you very much for your anwers again, and sorry any incovenience

Juan Tafarello

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,
The connector is sensitive to bad data so pls check that all of points have proper lat and long values.
-180>lat>180
-90>long>90

Thanks,
Patric
Tafare
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey Patric,

I am assuming you meant the other way around right? Lat is between -90 and 90 and Long between -180 and 180. I have checked different geolocalization systems and it accepts those values.

I checked and formatted every coordinate to be into range and also to be a number. Still, same error:

Enclosed: Invalid latitude or longitude value in CSV, [,]

Any other ideas?

Tank you again,

Juan

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Yes of course !

I would try to load a subset, first ten points to narrow down the problem.