Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Show Origin and Destination Country on Map with Arrows

Hello,

Hope all is well with everyone.

We have a scenario in which we would like to show Origin and Destination Countries linked through a line, having arrows.

For example how many shipments from one origin (city) to multiple destinations (countries).  We downloaded the flight delay example from the geo analytics and tried to modify it but could not. The flight delay is linked with Airport Codes.

We modified the ORIGIN and DESTINATION and made Geo Keys with Location but could not achieve it.

Will appreciate if someone could assist us.

Thanks.

FlightDelay.PNG

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Syed - thanks for your question. Although you may get a more detailed reply from another member - I am working on a video with this exact scenario as part of this series

Qlik Geocoding - Street Addresses and Qlik GeoAnalytics

Part 2 will show how to use the Closest operator that is part of the Qlik GeoAnalytics connector.

I hope to have this available by end of day today and will update this post with the video when complete.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Dear Michael,

Glad to receive your response.

I think the closest operation is for a different purpose.

We have used the closest operator with one of our telecom customers. They wanted to find out the radius/distance of shops with cellular towers.  The closest operator worked very well.

I believe for the our current purpose of showing arrows and lines between the Origin Country and destination city for the shipment will be a different use case.  We were following the flight delay example for this case.

Thanks and looking forward in viewing your video.  Please do send the link on this post with the video.

Sincerely,

Syed Jawwad Hussain

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Just replace the From and To with the location id you want to use, be coordinates or placenames.

Here's another example

Thanks,

Patric

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Ah correct - that is to get route information, I'm still learning myself - lol , I see Patric has replied as well so I know we are in good hands now. 🙂

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik