Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Data sync between two scheduler nodes

Hi All,

I have configured shared persistence Qlik Sense site which has two scheduler nodes #1 and #2. I have written a load balancing rule which says my all application are sync to both of the nodes, means if my one scheduler node fails other will execute the application. I am not restricting one application to one particular  node to avoid failure.

Now, my one application is generating 10 QVDs which  has storing path to local directory lets say D:\Data . So when it get execute on #1 node it saves data \\#1\D:\Data and when it execute on #2 it saves QVDs on \\#2\D:\Data.

Now my visualization application confused which scheduler node has latest QVDs. I donot find any way to sync output data to syn on real time.

Can you please help me to know, how to sync QVDs generated on scheduler nodes or how to map my application to the latest Qvds ??

Best,

Rohit

3 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

Hi Rohit, I’m not really sure if I understand the problem, but writing the QVDs on the same location (no matter which node generate them) does not solve the problem?

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

So now, what I have done, I am using UNC path i folder connection and dumping the Qvds into central node , no matter whichever node will execute it, it will dump QVDs to the central node but I am trying to find a way what will happen if my central node will get down ?

Vincenzo_Esposito

In this case if the central node fail QVDs are no longer available. It is fine to put them on an external NAS and all nodes need to access them with the same path \\servername\path\to\QVDs