Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Detecting when sheet changes / when extension instance is destoryed

Hellow fellow devs

I'm developing a Qlik Sense extension that monitors the selection state of the app and does some processing in the background that I will not bore you with.

What matters to me is this: I've used this code to monitor the selection state, as suggested in the official documentation:

const app = qlik.currApp();
const selState = app.selectionState();
const listener = () => {
    /* ...do whatever... */
};
selState.OnData.bind(listener);

this works quite well and I receive a callback every time selections change, which is what I want.

However, there is a problem with this implementation that I don't know how to solve. Basically, once registered the listener callback keeps getting called when selections change, even if I move away from the sheet that contains my extension object. This is a problem, because it means my listener code keeps executing even when not needed, creating unwanted side effects.

I thought to solve this it would be a simple matter of unbinding the listener when the user navigates away from the sheet, but I've read the entire documentation and I don't see anything that can help me there. I didn't find a "sheet changed" event, and there doesn't even seem to be an opposite of the "paint" method ("destroy" maybe or something like that) that I could leverage to detect when my extension is out of scope. What would be the best way to do it?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @master_t , please use the beforeDestroy hook for handling this and for unbinding the listener.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hey @master_t , please use the beforeDestroy hook for handling this and for unbinding the listener.

master_t
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks @alex_colombo , I somehow missed that hook when reading the docs!