Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlAmin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Download Qlik Enterprise Manager(QEM) tasks log using python API

Dear concern,

I would like to know, Is there any way to export or download log from Qlik Enterprise Manager(QEM) task's using Python API?
I mean using Python API or rest API?
Thanks in advanced

Best regards,

Al Amin

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hello Al Amin,

The answer to your questions is not in an easy or supported way since there is no mention of a log's endpoint in the QEM API section in the user guide.

I did however manage to find some kind of endpoint for logs while checking the network tab in the browser's developer tools, but it seems like it requires the current logs name as a url parameter.

You can see the same if you open up the log view in QEM for a task and also open up the developers' tools network tab.

But this endpoint seems to get the logs contents as strings in an array

So, the short answer seems to be no, i wouldent recommend using it since it is not mentioned.

Maybe you can do something with selenium to have the script automate the click download button for a specific task.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hello Al Amin,

The answer to your questions is not in an easy or supported way since there is no mention of a log's endpoint in the QEM API section in the user guide.

I did however manage to find some kind of endpoint for logs while checking the network tab in the browser's developer tools, but it seems like it requires the current logs name as a url parameter.

You can see the same if you open up the log view in QEM for a task and also open up the developers' tools network tab.

But this endpoint seems to get the logs contents as strings in an array

So, the short answer seems to be no, i wouldent recommend using it since it is not mentioned.

Maybe you can do something with selenium to have the script automate the click download button for a specific task.