Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwqlik82
Creator
Creator

Extensions - recommended way of loading all data into extension

Hi,

I am probably being a bit dense but is there a recommended way to get all rows from the data model beyond the initial load before rendering? Use case requires all the data to be there before calculation but the information in the documentation seems to be more around loading and rendering building up gradually but that wouldnt work in my case.

It may be that i'm not quite grasping the concept in the documentation but if anyone knows of some sample code or even an extension on Qlik Garden that implements it in a similar way that would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dale

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dwqlik82
Creator
Creator
Author

in case anyone was looking for something similar, i eventually got some more time to look at this today and solved it in a very similar way to here (using a while loop rather than a for cause i'm lazy) Solved: Building a JavaScript array by paging through Hype... - Qlik Community - 1837896  

setting the below so that it returned more than two promises was key many thanks to @frankpacker_AoD 

this.backendApi.setCacheOptions({enabled: false});

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AJ_Ruggiero
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @dwqlik82,

I may be misunderstanding your issue, but I've linked two concepts below which may help you with preloading data in an app:

Cache Warming: 

https://adminplaybook.qlik-poc.com/docs/tooling/cache_warming.html

Resident Load: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/load-data-....

dwqlik82
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, sorry rereading my post I wasn't very clear, the question is about loading all data into a custom visualisation if the number of cells is bigger than that max 10000 set in the initial load. The documentation reads more as building the visualisation as each page of data comes in, however I need to have the whole dataset before I can do the calculations I need.  I can always check to see whether the rowcount exceeds the limit and flash up a warning but would prefer to handle it slightly better

Ta

Dale

dwqlik82
Creator
Creator
Author

in case anyone was looking for something similar, i eventually got some more time to look at this today and solved it in a very similar way to here (using a while loop rather than a for cause i'm lazy) Solved: Building a JavaScript array by paging through Hype... - Qlik Community - 1837896  

setting the below so that it returned more than two promises was key many thanks to @frankpacker_AoD 

this.backendApi.setCacheOptions({enabled: false});