Discussion board where members can learn more about Integration, Extensions and API’s for Qlik Sense.
I need to open a pdf file from Qlik sense. I have a table chart and represented file link as hyperlink. It appears as hyperlink but when I click on it Internet Explorer pops up but doesn't open the content of the file.
My File LInk: file:///C:/Users/vsabbis/Documents/learning/toad/test1.pdf
However, if I copy the link from Qliksense and paste it in Internet Explorer it displays the content of the pdf file. Not sure what's wrong with Qlik sense. Any help is appreciated.
Some thoughts to consider as you troubleshoot:
1) Try with a CHROME or Firefox browser, as I've seen issues with IE
2) Be sure the field is added as a Dimension (not sure if Measure will work)
3) Verify the Text field attribute "Representation" is URL and not Text
4) Do any URL links work in your app?
Try linking from your Qlik sheet to a generic link such as https://www.google.com to verify things work OK
5) Does QlikSense have access to that file location? i.e. any permissions/access limitations to that file or folder.
Let me know how you make out.
Thanks for the steps. They are really helpful. In fact I have already tried some of them.
1) I am not sure how do I configure Qlik sense to default a specific browser. I've tried https://google.com and it opens fine in a chorme browser by just a click but when I click on a file path it opens IE and doesn't display anything at all. Is there a way to configure Chromecast as default ?
2) Yes I put it as Dimension
3) Yes URL itself
4) Yes Google.com works
5) Yes it is from QS desktop so my C drive should be accessible.
I found that connecting to a local file location cannot be done. It's best to use a URL from the Text object.
That's it. Obviously, there are some drawbacks. This is an explicit URL link. If you are using a virtual proxy, you'll have to account for that. I don't think you can use functions to find the current server so you can't make it dynamic.