Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VC1258
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to access the data of Qlik dataset with Qlik api

I am trying to access the data of a Qlik dataset.

I am able to connect but only get the field names and information (datatype etc) but no data. Can you please tell me if it is possible? 

vom102_0-1678202853022.png

Thanks!

Labels (3)
3 Replies
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hey @VC1258 - continuing the conversation from here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Integration-Extension-APIs/How-to-configure-virtual-proxies-in-QLIKSEN...

We haven't designed any REST APIs to pull data that you've loaded into Qlik Cloud back out of Qlik Cloud at any sort of scale, as we provide analytics and data integration products rather than data warehouse or database products, and so access to the data in the platform is usually via our analytics product.

The platform can move data from various sources into a target such as GBQ, from where your customers could then connect via REST APIs. You can do this a number of ways in the platform.

The Analytics capabilities in the product can also be embedded into your web apps, to allow your users to download data they need in a browser, or you could build a REST interface that accesses the engine, but that would require loading the data into Qlik Sense apps first - and you are likely to find limitations that wouldn't exist if you were to use a data source that can already be accessed via REST like GBQ.

VC1258
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @DaveChannon 

I have the data-set in a Qlik SaaS app with the following URL:

const appId = "myAppID-#######"; 
const url = `wss://${tenant}/app/${appId}`;

with enigma.js, I am still just able to see metadata, so I just want to exhaust all options. Is it possible to do this in any way directly from Qlik? or should I just assume that I would need to get that data into some kind of DB like GBC and then extract the data from there?

So Qlik SaaS app/dataset ----> GBC <---- GET data with REST API 

am I thinking of it right?

Thanks! 

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

Hey @VC1258 - just back and catching up. 

Enigma will give you access to the actual data - there's a good article which shows an example here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Design/Interacting-with-data-using-Enigma-js-Hypercubes-and-List/ba-p/...

You essentially create a hypercube with the fields and expressions you require.

How big is each dataset though? It might be more efficient to push it to a DB depending on the size.