Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ol_dev
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to develop/modify an extension to enable keyboard navigation/508 compliance?

Hello there, our company needs to use a grouped container extension (https://github.com/djaskowiak/grouped-container) for our Qliksense App, but due to the nature of the project we need our this app to be 508 compliant, that it should be possible to navigate through visualizations on the sheet using both mouse and keyboard. The grouped container extension is currently not 508 compliant, as it is not possible to navigate through contents inside the container. So we are thinking about modifying that extension to allow keyboard navigation, or to roll our own extension. 

And my questions are, is this possible for Qliksense extensions at all? And if so, how can we use the JS API to check for keyboard input? Lets say a user presses the left or right arrow key, it should navigate inside charts/text/forms inside the container. I tried to look on the Qliksense documentation and couldnt find any info, so if theres any tutorial about incorporating keyboard navigation for Qliksense extension development, plz let me know. Thanks. 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @ol_dev , this is possible but you have to deal only with Javascript and keyboard event. Bascially, based on which is is pressed/released, you have to trigger your own code for doing things on your extensions. Here some documentation about JS keyboard events.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ol_dev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Bump, can someone plz help? 

alex_colombo
Employee
Employee

Hi @ol_dev , this is possible but you have to deal only with Javascript and keyboard event. Bascially, based on which is is pressed/released, you have to trigger your own code for doing things on your extensions. Here some documentation about JS keyboard events.

ol_dev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @alex_colombo, thank you so much for your comment and the link is very helpful. I will see what I can do about this.