Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HuggyBear
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to display Qlik Sense on the Intranet page ?

Hello, 

We are using Qlik Sense Business license for visualization. However, we need to display data on internal webpage app (created in Bubble.io) for some specific teams, instead login into the app. 

Thing is, when I use iFrame, it is displaying only for me and only after I logging into the Qlik before. 

I m going thru the guides, and I m not able to achieve any progress with that -
1- sheet is public
2- Web is authorized to display data

But it is still giving error to that data cannot load due the login. 

So how to create public dashboard which will be displaying on some authorized page ?

Labels (6)
1 Reply
igoralcantara

If you need anonymous authentication, you need a specific Qlik Sense Server license: the QAP. If each user has a Qlik account, you need to setup proper authentication. Try these steps, they might get you closer.

1. Set Up Qlik Sense with Proper Authentication:
- Authentication Mechanism: Ensure that you are using a suitable authentication mechanism that supports seamless access. This could involve Single Sign-On (SSO) or token-based authentication.
- Qlik Sense Proxy: Use Qlik Sense's Virtual Proxy with header authentication to authenticate users via the intranet's identity provider.

2. Embed Qlik Sense Objects in Your Intranet Page:
- Use the Qlik Sense Capability APIs or the Qlik Sense Mashup API to embed visualizations into your intranet application.
- Ensure that the iframe or the embedded object URL includes the necessary authentication tokens or headers.

3. Create Public Sheets or Applications:
- Public Sheet: Make sure the Qlik Sense sheet or app you want to display is set to be publicly accessible if your security policy allows it.
- Data Permissions: Ensure that the data permissions are configured to allow access to the necessary data without logging in.

4. Configure Qlik Sense for Embedded Use:
- Embedding with iframe: Ensure that the URL used in the iframe includes proper access credentials or tokens.
- Mashup Integration: Create a mashup that includes the required visualizations and configure it to handle authentication seamlessly.

Example of Using Qlik Sense Capability APIs:

1. Create a Mashup:
- In the Qlik Sense Management Console (QMC), create a virtual proxy if needed, and configure it to allow header authentication.
- Develop a mashup that uses the Capability APIs to fetch and display the required visualizations.

2. Sample Code for Mashup:
```html
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<script src="https://your-qlik-server/resources/assets/external/requirejs/require.js"></script>
<script>
require.config({
baseUrl: "https://your-qlik-server/resources"
});
require(["js/qlik"], function(qlik) {
var config = {
host: "your-qlik-server",
prefix: "/",
port: "443",
isSecure: true
};
var app = qlik.openApp("your-app-id", config);

app.getObject('QV01', 'your-object-id');
});
</script>
</head>
<body>
<div id="QV01"></div>
</body>
</html>
```

Troubleshooting Tips:
- Check Permissions: Ensure that the user or the system accessing the Qlik Sense visualizations has the necessary permissions.
- Network Configuration: Ensure that the intranet page can communicate with the Qlik Sense server without any network restrictions or firewalls blocking the access.
- SSL Certificates: Make sure that any SSL certificates required for secure communication are correctly configured.

I hope this can help you. 🙂

Check out my latest posts at datavoyagers.net