Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy2
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to use Qlik's native search feature in my extension

Hello,

I would like to use existing search feature in my own extension.

The search window I would like to useThe search window I would like to use

How can I programmatically invoke such window when user clicks on a search icon in my extension? I can't find source code of native table so I can't check how it's done. The same search window appears when clicking on filter pane element, but again, I can't find the source code.

Both native table and Vizlib table use the same search feature so I believe it must be somehow accessible. This widget is very similar to the widget provided by Selection API (when you click and select) which is available for programmers, but I can't find a way to enable this standard search functionality in my extension.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andy2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I finally found a solution. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Andy2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I can't believe nobody knows the answer. Vizlib uses this search window so it must be somehow available. I'm sure they didn't rewrite it from scratch, but as for now I don't see any other option.

Andy2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I finally found a solution. Problem solved.

Catalin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Andy.

I want to implement the same feature.

What is the solution?

harika18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @Andy2 ,

Can you explain the solution?

satyaprakash
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Andy2 ,

Could you brief about solution?

Any steps to follow.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

A tip on how to figure out how to do things like this is to bring up the developer panel in Chrome and have a look at the websocket traffic that goes on while you are doing the operation you are interested in. I this case, when you first click the magnifier glass on a column in a table, then a session object will be created with a single list object definition. Like this:

{
   "handle":1,
   "method":"CreateSessionObject",
   "params":[
      {
         "qListObjectDef":{
            "qDef":{
               "qFieldLabels":[ "Dim1" ],
               "qFieldDefs":[ "Dim1" ],
             }
         },
         "qInfo":{ "qType":"listbox" },
      }
   ],
   "id":47,
   "jsonrpc":"2.0"
}

That session object was created for a field called "Dim1" which contains the three values 'A', 'B' and 'C'. Now if I type 'A' in the input field of the search dialog that appears, then that will trigger these two calls:

{"delta":true,"handle":14,"method":"SearchListObjectFor","params":["/qListObjectDef","A"],"id":53,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

{"delta":true,"handle":14,"method":"GetListObjectData","params":["/qListObjectDef",[{"qTop":0,"qLeft":0,"qHeight":1,"qWidth":1}]],"id":55,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

So Qlik Sense is simply creating an on-the-fly list generic object with a list object that is used for searching.

satyaprakash

@Øystein_Kolsrud  Thanks for your input.

I have one more query, how to bring qlik pop over after creating a dynamic list box on each dimension column icon click.

Or, how to pass data to qlik popover? 

Regards, 

Satya

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Sorry, but I only know the engine API side of the problem. Others will have to chime in on the frontend part.