Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy2
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to use Qlik's native search feature in my extension

Hello,

I would like to use existing search feature in my own extension.

The search window I would like to useThe search window I would like to use

How can I programmatically invoke such window when user clicks on a search icon in my extension? I can't find source code of native table so I can't check how it's done. The same search window appears when clicking on filter pane element, but again, I can't find the source code.

Both native table and Vizlib table use the same search feature so I believe it must be somehow accessible. This widget is very similar to the widget provided by Selection API (when you click and select) which is available for programmers, but I can't find a way to enable this standard search functionality in my extension.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andy2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I finally found a solution. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Andy2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I can't believe nobody knows the answer. Vizlib uses this search window so it must be somehow available. I'm sure they didn't rewrite it from scratch, but as for now I don't see any other option.

Andy2
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I finally found a solution. Problem solved.

Catalin1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Andy.

I want to implement the same feature.

What is the solution?

harika18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello @Andy2 ,

Can you explain the solution?

satyaprakash
Partner - Contributor III

Hi @Andy2 ,

Could you brief about solution?

Any steps to follow.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

A tip on how to figure out how to do things like this is to bring up the developer panel in Chrome and have a look at the websocket traffic that goes on while you are doing the operation you are interested in. I this case, when you first click the magnifier glass on a column in a table, then a session object will be created with a single list object definition. Like this:

{
   "handle":1,
   "method":"CreateSessionObject",
   "params":[
      {
         "qListObjectDef":{
            "qDef":{
               "qFieldLabels":[ "Dim1" ],
               "qFieldDefs":[ "Dim1" ],
             }
         },
         "qInfo":{ "qType":"listbox" },
      }
   ],
   "id":47,
   "jsonrpc":"2.0"
}

That session object was created for a field called "Dim1" which contains the three values 'A', 'B' and 'C'. Now if I type 'A' in the input field of the search dialog that appears, then that will trigger these two calls:

{"delta":true,"handle":14,"method":"SearchListObjectFor","params":["/qListObjectDef","A"],"id":53,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

{"delta":true,"handle":14,"method":"GetListObjectData","params":["/qListObjectDef",[{"qTop":0,"qLeft":0,"qHeight":1,"qWidth":1}]],"id":55,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

So Qlik Sense is simply creating an on-the-fly list generic object with a list object that is used for searching.

satyaprakash

@Øystein_Kolsrud  Thanks for your input.

I have one more query, how to bring qlik pop over after creating a dynamic list box on each dimension column icon click.

Or, how to pass data to qlik popover? 

Regards, 

Satya

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Sorry, but I only know the engine API side of the problem. Others will have to chime in on the frontend part.