Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II

Make a condition on a cell value in a simple table

How to make a condition on a cell value in a simple table.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Chirantha
Support
Support

Hey Frédéricdh,

You can use a background color expression to apply conditional formatting to the cells in a table based on their values. Here’s how you can do it:

1. In the table’s properties panel, go to the column that you want to apply the condition to and expand its properties by clicking on the arrow next to its name.
  2. Scroll down to the Background color section and click on the fx button to open the expression editor.
  3. Enter an expression that defines the background color of the cell based on its value. For example, if you want to highlight cells with a value greater than 100 in green, you can use the following expression:

if([ColumnName] > 100, green())

Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry, I don't understand and I don't find the arrow next to the column name

Tanish
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Frédéricdh,

Attaching some screenshot which will help you understand, how we can write condition.

Tanish_2-1689752887022.png

1. Select the column where you want to put the condition.

Tanish_1-1689752604245.png

2. Once you click you will see some options like this.

3. If you need write a condition where your specific column background color will get change then use Background color expression otherwise for changing Text color you can use Text color expression.

You can write a expression like 

If (Sum(Sales)   >  10000 , Green() , Red() )

Hope this will help 🙂!

Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Oh I  understand, i think u use Qliksense.

Thank you for the screenshot but I don't have qiksense.

And the problem is not the column but the line, i want to color the line with a condition