Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aurelien_R
Contributor
Contributor

[Mashup] No login form after logout on PC

Hello everyone,

I try to implement a logout button for Qlik Sense Mashup.

When the user try to logout:

• Smartphone & Tablet : the user is disconnected and the login form is displayed
  • PC : the user is disconnected but when he reloads the page he's still connected

Why is there a difference between mobile device and PC ? Knowing that for the mobile device, I've tried with my Smartphone and also on PC with de developper mode on Firefox.

Qlik Sense September 2020 Patch 5

qliksenseserver: 13.95.8

Usefull ressource for custom logout button 

Thank you,

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Aurelien_R 

On a Windows computer, the Windows credentials will be saved into the browser session and even if you log out, it will reuse those credentials to log you in again to Qlik Sense as long as that browser session is alive.

Windows authentication is not recommended with mashups, as it doesn't work 100% as expected with embedded contents.

Creating a virtual proxy and create an authentication module using ticket authentication or JWT is generally a better approach.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/Qlik-Sense-for-Windows-All-you-need-to-know-to-...

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Aurelien_R
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello @Damien_Villaret 

I think it's suprising that I can get the log-in form with my PC when I set the screen to smartphone/tablet size but not with the full screen...

Thank you for your response !

Damien_Villaret
Support
Support

Hello @Aurelien_R 

The login form uses a different logic when run in "mobile" mode and doesn't read Windows credentials from the browser. That is why the behavior is different.

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.