Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik_Stek
Contributor II
Contributor II

My custom theme is not applying on my Qlik Sense app

Hi everyone!

I'm new to creating custom themes for my apps in Qlik sense.

I went through all the levels:

- created a theme file (json)

- created a configuration file (qext)

- uploaded the files to a zip file (including an additional css file)

- imported it as an extension to the Qlik Management Console

I did it a few times with different files (Unfortunately I don't have the permits to upload the files here as an example, but they are pretty basic).

I can see what I've uploaded in the theme list in app settings, but I don't see almost any changes to the app when I activate it.

Is there something I'm missing/ doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! 🙂 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

It seems you got javascript error in your code if the changes are not reflected. Use Ctrl Shft and 'I' to open developer tool of your browser and see if its showing some error - 

Digvijay_Singh_1-1723690768331.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rankassovitz
Employee
Employee

Hello,

It will be hard to help without seeing your theme code.

First, you will want to make sure your theme.json file is using the right object properties. My suggestion is to start from a working example and make small changes to learn how it works. 

The stuff you can change using the theme.json file are:

1. the object titles, subtitles, labels (size and color) - Basic styling of apps using custom themes | Qlik Developer Portal
  2. color pallets (single, by dimension, by measure and data colors) - Create custom color palettes and color scales | Qlik Developer Portal
  3. some chart specific properties could be edited as well - Extended object styling | Qlik Developer Portal

Get started building custom themes | Qlik Developer Portal

The CSS file of the theme (optional) should be used minimally as possible as it will rely on "classes" and object ID's within the product. These are subject to change between versions. Once you confirmed the CSS file has effectively been loaded to the page (using the "network" tab in your browser dev tools), if you still can't see the expected effect, use the "elements" and "styles" tabs to make sure your CSS rule is being properly applied.

Also, attached a simple theme that works and uses the basic properties. Install it and see if it makes a difference in your visualizations. Feel free to open it with a code editor and make changes to it to test your code.

Digvijay_Singh

It seems you got javascript error in your code if the changes are not reflected. Use Ctrl Shft and 'I' to open developer tool of your browser and see if its showing some error - 

Digvijay_Singh_1-1723690768331.png

Qlik_Stek
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!

It really helped me figure out what the problem was,

apparently I had wrong file names, so Qlik sense couldn't know from where it supposed to fetch the data.

Digvijay_Singh

Glad it helped!