Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Python SSE

Hello,

I am trying to install Python SSE using the steps below - 

Step 4 is not giving me the results listed below - e.g., pandas, numpy, ...

My log file is empty -

but i do see -init-.py, clustering.py, prophet.py, sklearn.py, spacy.py, utils.py, etc.

Don't know what i am doing wrong or what to do next.

Thanks,

Pavan

Installation

This installation requires Internet access. To install this SSE on a machine without Internet access refer to the offline installation guide.

1. Get Python from here. Make sure you get the 64 bit version. Remember to select the option to add Python to your PATH environment variable.

2. You'll also need a recent C++ compiler as this is a requirement for the pystan library used by fbprophet. One option is to use Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools. If you are having trouble finding the correct installer try this direct link. An alternative is to use the mingw-w64 compiler as described in the PyStan documentation.

• If you're using the Visual Studio installer, select the Visual C++ Build Tools workload in the installer and make sure you select the C++ compilers in the optional components:

3. Download the latest release for this SSE and extract it to a location of your choice. The machine where you are placing this repository should have access to a local or remote Qlik Sense instance.

4. Right click Qlik-Py-Init.bat and chose 'Run as Administrator'. You can open this file in a text editor to review the commands that will be executed. If everything goes smoothly you will see a Python virtual environment being set up, project files being copied, some packages being installed and TCP Port 50055 being opened for inbound communication.

• Note that the script always ends with a "All done" message and does not check for errors.
    • If you need to change the port you can do so in the file core\__main__.py by opening the file with a text editor, changing the value of the _DEFAULT_PORT variable, and then saving the file. You will also need to update Qlik-Py-Init.bat to use the same port in the netsh command. This command will only work if you run the batch file through an elevated command prompt (i.e. with administrator privileges).
    • Once the execution completes, do a quick scan of the log to see everything installed correctly. The libraries imported are: grpcio, grpcio-tools, numpy, scipy, pandas, cython, joblib, pystan, fbprophet, scikit-learn, hdbscan, skater, spacy, efficient-apriori, tensorflow, keras and their dependencies. Also, check that the core and generated directories have been copied successfully to the newly created qlik-py-env directory.
    • If the initialization fails for any reason, you can simply delete the qlik-py-env directory and re-run Qlik-Py-Init.bat.
  5. Now whenever you want to start this Python service you can run Qlik-Py-Start.bat.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcbsorensen
Contributor II
Contributor II

I think your PATH environment variable has not been setup correctly. In my experience it is often caused if python is installed without modifying the PATH environment variable or you have installed python using anaconda.

If you have not installed python using anaconda then try following this guide, it might be the solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried it again and when i try to run Qlik-Py-Init.bat to create the python virtual environment, i get error messages

- python is not recognized as an internal or external command

then i get several messages

- pip is not recognized as an internal or external command

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Peter

jcbsorensen
Contributor II
Contributor II

I think your PATH environment variable has not been setup correctly. In my experience it is often caused if python is installed without modifying the PATH environment variable or you have installed python using anaconda.

If you have not installed python using anaconda then try following this guide, it might be the solution.

peterkumar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes - you are correct!

I needed to re-install Python.

Thank you very much!!