Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlik Sense Desktop Integration with Python

Hi everyone

I want to ask some questions about discussion titile.

I am going to forecast time series analysis and i can create a graph and achieve that goal via Jupyter Notebook.

I did it via R with Advanced Analytic Tools in ARIMA Forecast but  I need to do it with Python.

1) how can I integrate python to my qlik sense ?

2) how can i bring my graph to qlik sense

My python codes is in attachment.

Thank you for your help. Best regards

import pandas as pd

from fbprophet import Prophet

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

plt.style.use('fivethirtyeight')

df = pd.read_csv('AirPassengers.csv')

df.head(5)

df['Month'] = pd.DatetimeIndex(df['Month'])

df = df.rename(columns={'Month': 'ds',

'AirPassengers': 'y'})

daily_seasonality=True
my_model = Prophet(interval_width=0.95)

my_model.fit(df)

future_dates = my_model.make_future_dataframe(periods=48, freq='MS')

future_dates.tail()

forecast = my_model.predict(future_dates)

forecast[['ds', 'yhat']].tail()

my_model.plot(forecast,

uncertainty=True)

2 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use the feature of Qlik Sense that was introduced in Qlik Sense June 2017 called Advanced Analytics Integration. AAI has it's own forum site her on Community: Advanced Analytics Integration

R and Python were the first languages that had full examples on how to integrate with. There are lots of videos and documentation on how to do it at the forum site.

The integrations are released as open source even though the basic communication feature that ties directly into the expressions in Qlik Sense are generic (Server Side Extensions).

Link to Github and the Python AAI: GitHub - qlik-oss/server-side-extension: A Qlik server-side extension protocol for extending the Qli...

One important thing though is that the AAI is focused on getting data integration first and foremost. So you will not find examples I believe on bringing graphs/plots over with the AAI. There shouldn't be a problem implementing it though - but it wont be out of the box.

Anyway if the plot is something you can use the charts in Qlik Sense instead it will be easy to transfer the dataframe and do the graphing in Qlik Sense.

fhoebechanapl
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Peter

Will we be able to use AAI on the free Desktop version?

Thanks.