cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryan_sng
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense Standard Selection Mode

Hello guys, is there anyway to manually open the qlik sense standard selection mode?

So far through the online documents I know it can be open via

paint: function(...) {

this.selectValues(dim, [value], true);

}

I play with some pie charts and discover that qlik default extensions are able to do so but has no documentation on the method.

(Add a pie chart, click on some external area outside of pie chart, no selection is done but selection mode is enabled)

7 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

It's not part of the documentation but you can access it through

this.getSelectionToolbar().selectionsApi.activate() or this.$scope.selectionsApi.activate()

So instead of attaching your event handlers to individual elements within your extension you could just attach it to $element, activate the toolbar and delegate to your elements.

bryan_sng
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

That's great! I tried it and the selection mode does get activated. However when I try to use the lasso tool, it looks like there is no way I can turn it on, is there anything I should do to enable lasso? I'm actually trying to use qlik lasso tool to lasso a selection in a custom map extension.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

You can't really reuse that component right now that I know off.

Good news is that depending on the mapping software you use they usually allows you to draw rectangles or something similar and then you can figure out which points are in that rectangle.

https://github.com/mindspank/GoogleMaps-Cluster-QV11/blob/master/GoogleMaps%20-%20Cluster/script.jsW...

has an example on to do it with Google Maps, it's for QlikView but the idea is the same for Sense.

bryan_sng
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hmm that can be an alternative, just curious will qlik be opening the lasso access to developers in qlik sense 2.0?

david_hg96
Partner - Contributor III

Hi!

Do you know how to activate the 'Accept' button? Do I need to modify something in the hypercube while the user makes a selection? Or something similar that communicates to Qlik that are available items to select. I know how to make the selection to the QIX using the API but not how to able the button :c 

Regards!

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi David,

having same issue and found this as a good solution:

this.$scope.selectionsApi.selectionsMade = true

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
david_hg96

Thanks a lot @rbecher ! it works now : )