Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GavK
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Zendesk REST API Connectivity

Hi

I'm after some advice on the best way to get data from our IT Servicedesk ticketing system, Zendesk. I believe that there are APIs available for us to get a ful list of tickets and the Zendesk website seems to have fairly comprehensive information on this but I only have limited knowledge in this area and as yet, have been unsuccessful on being able to connect using Token authentication & extract all tickets and I can only see limited information on here.

I appreciate that this may require some PS Time but not sure if I need Qlik PS Time or more general API developer PS time?

Could anyone give me a nudge in direction on how best to proceed?

The ultimate aim is to get an hourly refresh of IT service desk tickets from Zendesk into Qlik Sense. Has anyone else managed to achieve this?

Many thanks

Labels (3)
1 Reply
williejacobs
Creator
Creator

Hi @GavK 

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Zendesk.

I would however start with trying to run your API calls in Postman.
Refer to the API documentation for the authorisation method required.

The documentation should refer you to the authorisation endpoint, using your username, password, client-id, client-secret or a combination of these, depending on the authorisation method, for authentication.
The authorisation endpoint should then reply with your authentication token required for your data calls.
You can use this token to create a variable to be passed into your request for the required data / api endpoint.

Once you have your token, building a connector for your tickets call, Qlik will generate all the script for you.

Hope this helps a bit.