Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimFerguson
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense and SAS Integration

I have two platforms and what I want to do is, when I am using Qlik Sense, I want to tell SAS to do the some regression analysis on the table that I loaded on Qlik Sense and show me the results in Qlik Sense. Is it possible interconneting these two software? Note: SAS ODBC connector is available but I am not sure if installing this will allow me to use SAS scripts on Qlik Sense Editor. It seems this tool only allows me to see SAS table on Qlik View. I am not sure if it allows me to send commands to SAS like regression, decision tree etc..                         My Penn Medicine

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Reply
TCole-1
Contributor
Contributor

Integrating Qlik Sense and SAS (Statistical Analysis System) can offer powerful capabilities for data analytics and business intelligence. Although both tools have their own unique features and functionalities, there are ways to connect and leverage them together. Here are a few approaches to integrating Qlik Sense and SAS:

1. Data Integration: Qlik Sense can access data from various sources, including SAS datasets. You can use Qlik Sense's data loading capabilities, such as the Qlik Data Load Editor, to connect to SAS datasets, extract the required data, and load it into Qlik Sense for analysis and visualization. This allows you to leverage SAS data within the Qlik Sense environment.

2. Qlik Sense Extensions: Qlik Sense supports the development and usage of extensions, which are custom objects or visualizations created by developers. You can explore existing Qlik Sense extensions that are specifically designed for integration with SAS. These extensions can provide additional functionality and enhance the integration between the two platforms.

3. SAS Integration Technologies: SAS provides integration technologies, such as SAS ODBC or SAS/ACCESS Interface for ODBC, which allow other applications to connect to SAS datasets. You can use these technologies to establish a connection between Qlik Sense and SAS, enabling Qlik Sense to directly query and retrieve data from SAS datasets.

4. Analytical Collaboration: Qlik Sense and SAS can be used together to facilitate analytical collaboration. For example, you can perform data preparation, modeling, and advanced analytics using SAS tools, and then integrate the analytical results and insights into Qlik Sense for interactive visualizations and self-service analytics. This allows users in the Qlik Sense environment to benefit from the advanced analytics capabilities of SAS.

5. Custom Integrations: If the out-of-the-box integration options don't fully meet your requirements, you can explore building custom integrations using APIs and connectors provided by Qlik Sense and SAS. These APIs and connectors allow you to exchange data, invoke specific functionalities, or automate processes between the two platforms.

It's important to note that the specific integration methods and options may depend on the versions and configurations of Qlik Sense and SAS that you are using. It's recommended to refer to the documentation and resources provided by Qlik and SAS, as well as consult with their respective support teams, for detailed guidance and best practices for integrating the two platforms effectively. MyPennMedicine