Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rneelakantam
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

REST API Connector

Hi All,

I have a requirement where users would be selecting values from multiple sliders available in QlikView dashboard and the same has to be passed to an API as input where there are few predictive model hosted. Based on the input values from Qlik, API will generate model output which need to sent back to Qlik and shown in dashboard.

This process should repeat when ever user changes any values in slider the respective output from API should be updated and shown in dashboard.

Note : If multiple users login to dashboard simultaneously and select/modify the values in sliders it should work.

@rob @Michael  @John @swuehl @Miguel @Kaushiki @Erich @Anonymous @Oleg 

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
9 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I generally understand what you are trying to accomplish.  But where does Qlik fit in with this?  It sounds more like a webapp.

Is this just one subset of visualizations in a Qlik app? 

-Rob

rneelakantam
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Rob,

We are using Qlik to pass input values to API and show the output which is retrieved from API in Dashboard.

I have 10 sliders, Filter Pane & KPI object (To show model output from API).

~Roopesh

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like you have it working?  What is your specific question?

-Rob

rneelakantam
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

No Rob I don't have any working solution. Need solution for the same.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you want to do it in Qlik, I think a solution would be to write a visualization extension that calls the API and visualizes the output. 

If you require Qlik Native objects (eg KPI) to interact with the modeling API, you would use a server side extension as a bridge between the objects and the API. 

I don't know if there is anything off the shelf like this, perhaps someone else has an idea.

-Rob

rneelakantam
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thanks for your quick response Rob.

On the visualization extension front will the users need to refresh the QlikView application after selecting the input values from sliders in order to fetch output from API? Or will it be a live connection?

Also if there are multiple users logged in to dashboard and select/modify the values in sliders will there be separate instance for each user which connects to API and fetch output?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. The extension will be notified when users change values.  So yes, a live connection. 

2. Like standard Qlik Sense, each user will have their own copy of selections. 

-Rob

rneelakantam
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Rob

Do you have any generic visualization extension built for QlikView already for reference. It would be helpful if you can share or provide link for the same.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Here are some resources to get you started. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/May2021/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/Sense_Extensions/e...

https://websy.academy/courses/qlik%20api/qlik-sense-visualization-extensions-level-1

There are quite a few extensions available on github as well if you want to look at others.  There are also a number of Qlik partners that specialize in building extensions who could help you.

-Rob