cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

REST Connector - Response Header

Hi,

I am trying to connect into a REST service using the Qlik connector.  Has anyone had any luck getting any Response Header response to return?  Our request is successful but returns no Response Header response.  We have tested multiple REST clients and via command line with no issues. 

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
12 Replies
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

when creating the REST connection, you need to check "Allow response headers" setting:

Community_REST_ResponseHeaders.PNG

Hope this helps.

Juraj

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick reponse Juraj.

Unfortunately, I've already enabled this setting here as well as in page to load the data. 

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Strange, this always worked for me no problem.

Community_REST_ResponseHeaders2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Interesting.  What version of Qlik Sense are you using? Is it Web or Desktop?  Could you send a screenshot of your full post (obviously with any sensitive info masked)?  Thanks.

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This in particular is Qlik Sense Enterprise September 2018, but it worked on November 2017 as well. For desktop I install most of major releases and it have always worked for me.Community_REST_ResponseHeaders3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again Juraj.   Everything looks pretty much the same. 

On a side note - assuming we will get the response header to return, do you know how we would take an auth token from this header to be used in subsequent requests?  There doesn't seem to be much documentation on this.  Thanks.

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

You can read headers into a table, peek token value into a variable and then use it in any subsequent requests with the "WITH CONNECTION" keyword. Check the documentation here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/REST_connector_help/Content/Connectors_REST/Load-R... and scroll to "WITH CONNECTION keyword" section.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Juraj,

Have you ever tried any Post request that returned a Response Header?  That's the only difference I see.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Excellent, thanks!